2013年8月1日 星期四

All food are created equal

Time flies. I had been in FnB industry for nearly 10 years. 3.5 years of bar tender, 4.5 years of service, 2 years of kitchen. May be I am not the great chef, may be never can make it. But, I still have my own stand point which I never wanna compromise.

I am a believer of all men are created equal, also food.
Every food ingredients are created for same reason. Even thought  some were more expansive.
Truffle and bottom mushroom. Waygu and Charolais. Thai rice or japanese rice. They are all equal.
I will take extra care of the expansive food ingredients as I don't wanna make too many wastage.
But cooking in their best way to speak, should be the same. I grill my US prime ribeye and my Waygu ribeye with same attention, even the US one may need extra care to cook to the perfection.

I am not saying these things to show my "saint's thought" but respect. I learnt this when I was the bar tender. The way I served a sparkling water should be the same as sparkling wine.No different. Respect. After tough job as chef, I respect more people who worked "undercover". The one who clean the restroom, the one who collect trash, the one who deliver. We may never notice them as they are very low profile, but I love them. I hope, I can be the one who can serve the public one day.


Photo below was the food I cooked for the special event. World famous Japanese beef. But, I spent most of my time to cook the perfect rice. Which I loved the most in the dish. A very low profile ingredient which made a huge different.

  

沒有留言:

張貼留言